Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No More Surprises

I like to think that no news surprises me. Yet then, every so often, I get surprised. For example, when Hillary Clinton won a bunch of primaries last week, I was sort of surprised, but not really. When the Giants beat the Patriots, I was pretty surprised, but still, any time two teams play, I never feel completely sure of the outcome. But NY Governor Eliot Spitzer getting busted for soliciting prostitutes? That one really surprised me. It's not like when CT's governor resigned for a scandal where he took money, or even NJ's governor revealing he was having a homosexual affair. This one was a shocker because it came out of nowhere and Spitzer's entire credibility is based on the fact that he was sort of this higher than thou prosecutor who did a lot of good things. I know I shouldn't trust politicians and I certainly don't believe that they are any better as people, but still, this one left me really surprised.

No comments: