Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tuesday

Politics here - I am becoming increasingly worried that if John McCain wins the Republican nomination, he will win the Presidency. I don't like the prospect of putting the "first" woman or "first" African-American to the Presidency in a time of perceived crisis - we are involved with two wars and the economy is tanking. I have a feeling that most people will gravitate to the more traditional "old white man."

Also, it's very interesting to me how McCain is portrayed as "such a liberal" yet supports many conservative positions. At the same time, the conservative talk machine is completely against McCain and Huckabee. I don't really understand why or how all this came about, but I do find it interesting to see people assail Huckabee for not being conservative despite the fact that he has a huge following among Evangelical Christians.

No comments: