Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Title I Wanted To Give This Post is Dirty

I took a nap earlier today and when I woke up, I decided to get a slice of pizza and some things from the grocery store. I was still groggy as I went from the grocery store to the pizza place, but as I walked down the street, a guy yelled out, "Pussy!" and I'm fairly certain it was directed at me. My ears perked up, and I was shocked. I kept walking, instead of trying to determine both the target and validity of the remark.

Was he calling me a "Pussy"? I certainly wouldn't appreciate that. I haven't even met him before! Was he stating some sort of primal, uncontrollable desire for a cat? Unlikely.

But as I walked away, I couldn't help but think, "Since I didn't confront him, doesn't that actually make me a pussy?"

Just another reminder why I love New York.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly happened? You went to the pizza place then the grocery store or grocery store then pizza place? Either ways, it seems like you were still groggy when writing this post and I find it hard to believe you were still groggy after getting pizza and going to the grocery store. Thus I conclude you are trying to use the excuse of grogginess for your inaction. Pussy!

Blogman said...

Very fair.

Here's the order of events:

1) Woke from nap.
2) Purchased items from grocery store.
3) Passed man on the street as he said, "Pussy!"
4) Acquired pizza from pizza place.
5) Went home and ate pizza.