Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Amstel Light

I usually drink an Amstel Light if I'm having a beer. The other night, when I ordered just "Amstel," a friend told me that she had never heard anyone order a "regular" Amstel. I said that whenever I order "Amstel," I usually get an "Amstel Light" and that I didn't think there was a regular Amstel. When the waitress came back, she said she couldn't find "Amstel" that they only had "Amstel Light" in the back. This got me to wondering, "Is there a non-light Amstel?" It would certainly make sense, although I've never had a miscommunication where ordering "Amstel" got me the non-light beer.

To resolve this question, I went to Amstel's website. There is definitely an Amstel non-light beer, but I'm not sure if it's available in the United States. It is, according to their web site, available in 75 countries, but which countries is not apparent. You can buy Amstel Light on Freshdirect, but not plain "Amstel."

No comments: