Monday, June 20, 2005

Pink Floyd: The Wall

I thought I ought to see "The Wall" considering that I have heard much of the music, and I don't have the familiarity with a lot of 70's rock. You can see in this film how this was definitely the era where MTV was started, and the vignettes are pretty interesting. But a lot of it is over my head as well. The animated sequences, convoluted storyline, and imagery are all strong, but in the end, I can't synthesize the concepts well enough to really understand what's happening.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that it's a really elaborate and confusing music video. Perhaps it needs to be seen while using some sort of drugs for best appreciation.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Maybe you should watch the movie "Tommy". Slightly less weird, but more celebrity cameos.