Thursday, August 18, 2005

Book Drop

It's been a while since my last post, but that's partly because for my 500th post, I wanted to create something worth reading.

Here goes:

I went to the library yesterday to return a book. I knew the library was closed at the time I went, but I figured I could leave the book in the book drop. That seems like a fairly reasonable expectation, after all, libraries invented the book drop.

When I got to the library, which has two sets of double doors at its entrance, I noticed that the book drop was between the sets of doors. Pulling on the outer door in order to reach the book drop, I found it was locked. I checked again. The outer door was locked, making the book drop inaccessible. What then, is the point of this book drop?

As a side note, I thought that perhaps the book drop was no longer used because people dropped more than books in it. After all, this is New York City.

No comments: