Wednesday, August 24, 2005

To: Mike Mussina

Mike,

I need you to come through for my fantasy team. I know it's not your highest priority right now, but you're a key contributor to the staff. We're in the home stretch and we've put together a nice run recently for first place. You are one of the aces of my pitching staff. Sure, Kris Benson and Carlos Zambrano are there to help anchor things, but they are just too inconsistant to rely on. I need wins from you, Mike because I don't like to finish second, just like your boss.

Tonight's outing was a bit disappointing, to say the least. When you had the bases loaded in the fifth inning, it reminded me of a start that you had on August 3 against Cleveland where you were cruising along and suddenly imploded in a game the Yankees eventually lost. The same thing seemed to happen tonight. What happened? Please don't let this happen again. I know you're doing your best but I need you to try even harder.

Thank you,
Blogman

No comments: