Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Nobu 57

Nobu opened their third location in New York City over the summer, so I figured to give it a try. I went last night and had to make the reservation about a month in advance! I've been to Nobu Next Door once before but never to the main Nobu. Here are some photos of the dinner. These photos came from my cell phone camera - the snazzy but big LG VX9800, which I also plan on reviewing in this space soon. The photos are a little blurry but hopefully give a sense of what we had.

Overall the service was friendly and great, the atmosphere was nice but pretty plain and not as amazing as I had read in some reviews and it was a little pricey. The food was very fresh and tasted great. I sat in the back area which looked like it could be shut off for a private party.

I have to admit, I thought it was a little awkward to take photos of my dinner.


Yellowtail sashimi
Yellowtail sashimi with jalepeno - a Nobu standard.



Lobster ceviche - quite good - lobster marinated in a lime-type sauce and served on lettuce. Eaten with hands.



King Crab Tempura "Amazu" Sweet Ponzu - my favorite dish of the night. We started eating it before I took the photo.



Squid "Pasta" with light garlic sauce - not actually pasta, but squid supposed to be shaped like pasta.


Artic char with some sort of peppery (hot peppers) sauce. Artic char is a little like salmon. This dish was a special but I think we should have gone with the miso cod instead.



Dessert - the Meyer Lemon Semifreddo (with pine nuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds and caramelized cinnamon ice cream). The black things are caramelized sesame seeds.



Dessert Bento Box (warm chocolate fondant cake, goma tuille and green tea ice cream). I don't know what the "goma tuille" is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blogman, is this your typical gastronomical fare? if not, what fuels blogman (other than KFC)

Blogman said...

Yes, this is my typical meal.