Sunday, October 28, 2007

Rudy's for the Sox



I couldn't believe it when I saw it: Rudy Giuliani is rooting for the Red Sox in the World Series. Here's his explanation (and impressively, it has nothing to do with being in a post-9/11 world).

“I will be rooting for the Red Sox because I’m an American League fan, and my tradition has been to root for the American League team, particularly if it’s a team that beats the Yankees. And in this case, you won the division and we lost. Somehow it makes me feel better if the team that was ahead of the Yankees wins the World Series, because then I feel like, well, we’re not that bad.”

Talk about a load of horse dung. Maybe it's because the people of good ol' New Hampshire are part of Red Sox Nation? It's amazing since he has often criticized Hillary Clinton supposed Yankee loyalty.

The Daily News reminds us that Giuliani doubted he could ever root for Boston back in July, and that Mrs. Clinton has learned a lesson saying, "Neither of my teams is in, I'm going to be an interested but dispassionate observer."

Finally, I would like to add that I would never pick a President based on which teams a candidate roots for, however in this instance, I get the sense this is another clear example of pandering by Giuliani, a very undesirable trait.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Which candidates don't pander? Oh right, the ones who don't have a shot at the nomination.

Blogman said...

Sure they all pander, but what's annoying here is how he puts down other candidates for pandering, only to then pander himself. So it's pandering, and hypocracy combined. Making matters worse is that it's about something completely inconsequential. At least you can sort of understand the pandering and twisted logic applied to his speeches at the NRA.