Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Super Bowl Boxes

I entered a Super Bowl box pool at work and picked two boxes. Here are the numbers assigned to my boxes:

Cardinals 5, Steelers 9
Cardinals 3, Steelers 5

So if at the end of any quarter the ones-digit of the score are the digits above, I win. The problem is, I think 5 is one of the poorer numbers to have in this kind of game, and somehow I ended up with 5 in both boxes, one from either team. I don't have any proof to say this is the case, but a score of 5, 15 or 25 seems fairly unusual. 9 and 3 seem like a nice numbers if the team that has it ends up with a fairly low score (3, 13 or 9), but somewhat more difficult to attain at the higher levels (29, 33 ?). We'll find out on Sunday.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Indeed, 5 is the worst number you could have.

http://www.caseyshead.com/squares/