Wednesday, February 02, 2005

State of the Union

Wow. I totally didn't realize the State of the Union was tonight.

I was going to suggest a "State of the Union drinking game" but if you search for that on Google (or any other search engine of your preference) you'll find plenty of them.

So the state of the union always seems to be "strong". Will a President ever decide otherwise? I looked this up in the C-SPAN archives. As far as I can tell, this is a trend that Bill Clinton started in 1996 to say that the state of the union is strong.

Anyone care to present evidence to the contrary? I looked at the Clinton speeches, and then a random sample of some of those before.

1 comment:

Blogman said...

Whoa.

Tonight he said the state of the union was not just strong, but also CONFIDENT.

Go us!