Monday, September 19, 2005

525 posts, Google Talk, Weekend observations

This is post #525. The blog began back in May of 2004, and so I'm esitmating just over one post per day. If you were to combine the funny things or useful observations I've seen over the course of this time period, it would likely come out to less than one per day. That makes me wonder where the rest of the crap on this blog comes from.

Google Talk: I've had Google Talk for several months now but nobody I know uses it. Not sure why this is. In fact, I've never had a conversation using Google Talk. Instead, I just have it in my system tray, allowing it to notify me of when I get new GMails.

Weekend observations:

Two observations from the weekend. The first was on the bus, where a man (who looked a little hungover) took about 6 tries to put his metrocard into the slot but kept inserting it in the wrong direction. This was fairly amusing and betrayed the fact that he never uses the bus.

Second was at Whole Foods where behind the deli meat slicer was a huge sign that said, "do not touch blade directly with hand." While this seems a bit obvious, it was interesting to note such a huge sign. Wonder if some poor deli meat slicer had an incident that necessitated the posting of this sign.

No comments: