Wednesday, August 04, 2004

2 Shows

I just recently saw two shows on television that really perplex me.

Cold Pizza on ESPN2 has to be the strangest show ever. Who's watching this thing? It's some weird hybrid of all different types of morning shows and the E! channel. But it seems to me that anyone wanting a "typical" morning show would watch Today, anyone who wants sports would watch Sportscenter and anyone who wants wisecracking disc jockeys would listen to the radio. Then there's also the "real" news and business crowds. Is this supposed to target women? Aside from WNBA fans, I don't think any women can even find ESPN2 on the dial (just like I can't find Lifetime or Oxygen).

Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn (Comedy Central) is also bizarre. Hmm. Let's watch comedians discuss politics! Oh, did I mention that the comedians are not funny and relatively uninformed? It's like Bill Maher light (and he's a dope too). Colin Quinn was good in Jerry Seinfeld's movie Comedian but I think his career peaked out as salty characters on SNL.

2 comments:

PJ said...

I actually think it's more bizarre that the studio audience rarely laughs during Colin Quinn's opening monologue. On second thought, that's really not so strange...

I'm not usually awake when Cold Pizza airs.

Anonymous said...

Some people are at work when Cold Pizza airs.

Stop wasting time - watch PTI and Daily Show instead.