Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Gmail

Gmail is google's email service and it places ads based on the context of your messages. So, for example, if you get an email about an ipod gadget (I know, it seems like a stretch) then the ads on the right might say "Cheap iPods" or "Free iTunes."

Every once in a while, the ads are way off. Case in point.

My recent emails subject "at least he's not a knick" referring to the probable Antoine Walker trade to Atlanta and also another article from the NY Times where I complain about Jamal Crawford going to the Knicks. In the end, the conversation spanned 3 emails and about 4 sentences.

Here are the links I got:
Afraid of the truth
Noam Chomsky meet-up day
Noam Chomsky

At least we see why gmail is still in "beta." I think someone ought to check the code on the ad-bot.

No comments: