Monday, November 15, 2004

Colin Powell - Out?

According to the paper this morning, Colin Powell is out as Secretary of State.

Strangely enough I saw him in an interview yesterday on "The Wall Street Journal Report with Maria Bartiromo" where the following exchange took place. I guess I should have read the subtext more closely.

----

MS. BARTIROMO: The big question for a lot of people wondering, if you have a fire in your belly for another four years as Secretary of State?

SECRETARY POWELL: I've always had fire in my belly for whatever I did.

MS. BARTIROMO: Are you planning to announce imminently that you're stepping down, sir.

SECRETARY POWELL: Whenever something is to be announced, it will be announced, and it is a matter for the President and I to discuss and decide.

No comments: