Tuesday, November 30, 2004

How Many Days After Thanksgiving Is It Okay To Ask How Someone's Thanksgiving Was?

As we returned from a long weekend, I began to wonder how long one has to ask his colleagues how their Thanksgiving was. I figure tomorrow (Wed) is about it. By Friday it's definitely too late to ask how someone's Thanksgiving was.

For some reason I think this might have been a bit on a television show. Like how soon after a normal weekend can you ask how a weekend was? It's perfectly natural to ask on Monday, and Tuesday can be fine, especially in the mornings. But by Wednesday, "How was your weekend?" is not a reasonable question. It's also too early for "What are you doing next weekend?" So what is a suitable Wednesday greeting? "How's your week so far?" I don't think so...

Can someone please let me know if I've totally ripped this bit off a tv show? It seems like a nice observation yet at the same time I have this total sense of deja vu.

Deja vu. The matrix just reset itself.

1 comment:

Blogman said...

I got asked today, seven days after Thanksgiving, how my Thanksgiving was.