Monday, January 09, 2006

The Daily Show / Burger Joint

I went to a taping of tonight followed by a visit to in the . Then, I made some ice cream with a new I got for Christmas.

I was going to take a photo of the Daily Show set while we were there but we were strictly prohibited from doing so. I thought I might be able to sneak a glance with my camera phone by why risk getting kicked out?

The show was pretty funny, and the guest was writer , who broke the phone tap story. In general, I think the show's quality has declined since Stephen Colbert left for . There were bits by Rob Corddry and Ed Helms, but no major segment, just a lot of news. The headlines were funny but I was hoping that they might get into the Alito hearings. The main focus was Harry Belafonte's visit to Venezuela and Dick Cheney's recent health troubles.

Burger Joint was the site of an excellent burger, on par with Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. The menu is very limited - pretty much burgers only. Very tasty, tight quarters for seating.

The ice cream maker makes good ice cream. Last night I made strawberry which was pretty time intensive but very good. The consistancy was a little soft (like a thick milkshake) after it came out of the machine but after overnight freezing it was solid. Tonight I made just plain vanilla and it came out like softserve. I think chocolate chip or cookies and cream would be very successful here.

No comments: