Saturday, July 17, 2004

Kobe Bryant

I've never been a big Kobe Bryant fan.

He's the talk of the town on Sportscenter these days, and I just saw an interview between Jim Gray and Kobe.

A few questions I've had:

1) In the interview, Kobe said about Shaq's departure, "This is a business." No offense to Kobe, I wonder when that phrase entered sports interview cliches. "One game at a time. We'll give it our best. This team knows how to win. This is a business."

2) When did Jim Gray become to Kobe Bryant & the Lakers what Ahmad Rashad was to Jordan's Bulls? Pretty impressive for a guy who was seemingly blackballed after interrogating Pete Rose in 1999 at the World Series.

3) Watching the interview, it just seemed so forced. For whatever reason, I just didn't feel like Kobe was telling the truth.

I guess I won't be called for jury duty in Colorado.

No comments: