Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Political Blogs

Since it's an election year, I've been tempted to say quite a bit about politics on this blog. But instead, I will focus on the two major Presidential candidates and their respective blogs. It will be a sort of "blog review."

First, I'll start with the Kerry blog. Hey look! They invite comments. It would be great if the Bush people hired writers to put obnoxious comments on the Kerry blog.

The Bush people were smarter with their blog. No comments allowed. So no wiseguys like me can post snide remarks. Probably a good strategy if they don't want to crash their web site.

Neither of these "blogs" reads like the blogs I've seen elsewhere. I thought blogs were supposed to contain personal anecdotes about dopey and inconsequential things that happen in our lives. For example, "Last night my roommate was just sitting with the lights out at 3am in the living room. It reminded me of a serial killer."

These blogs read like a list of press releases, not really a "log." Couldn't they give it another name, like LOPeRs? List of PrEss ReleaseS? I'd rather see a bunch of goofy stories like, "Today Dick Cheney bumped his head and it was a riot" or "Last night, we crank called Howard Dean." Where are those "blogs?"

I was surprised to find out those blogs are not on Ralph Nader's website.

On a side note, a typo revealed to me that www.whitehouse.org is actually a humor site.

No comments: