Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Factor

Since I didn't want to watch Boston pound on St. Louis again, I decided to try and watch the O'Reilly Factor for a little while this evening.

I decided I would time myself and see how long it would take for me to get annoyed and change the channel. It took longer than I had expected -- eight minutes! Why so long? Well, there were four minutes of commercials and news updates.

The first segment I saw was around the 8:30 block, where O'Reilly had on an advertising executive who had been involved in some surveys of public opinion and what Hollywood stars could sway political views.

The second segment I saw, also the one I changed the channel during, was one where O'Reilly had Bob Woodward of the Washington Post as a guest. O'Reilly asked Woodward questions and wanted to know how Kerry would answer them (since Kerry declined interviews with both O'Reilly and Woodward). Then, O'Reilly criticised the fictional responses. Part of me found it hilarious but just because it was so absurd.

So I flipped to ESPNEWS. Their scores ticker is amusing on a night when there is only one professional sporting event.

No comments: