Monday, October 18, 2004

More Gripes and a Funny Link

I'm avoiding comment on the Red Sox vs. Yankees series until it's over.

That doesn't prevent me from commenting on the other LCS going on between Houston and St. Louis. I haven't watched any of this series yet this year until I tuned into the top of the 9th inning earlier tonight. I've heard Phil Garner made some strange managerial moves through the series but overall, it seemed like it was pretty tight. The game was 0-0 going into the 9th which is also exciting.

Bottom of the 9th and Beltran reaches base. The FOX commentators start suggesting that Jeff Bagwell bunt him over to second base! Jeff Bagwell bunt? Then the graphics people flash the information that Bagwell's last sac bunt was in 1991. Is this relevant? Then after Bagwell flies out, Steve Lyons suggests they missed an opportunity where Bagwell could have moved the runner over with a bunt. What?? Bagwell, as FOX pointed out, was 5-15 versus Isringhausen. Why would they even consider bunting this guy?

By the way, were you surprised that my post was 1) a gripe about something 2) sports-related and 3) rambling?

Oh and as promised, I thought this link was funny.

No comments: