Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Music News!

Three of my favorite bands all have big news at the same time.




Audioslave
The new album, "Out of Exile" is due in stores in May. I think this band is great, but I'm not liking their tyle of marketing. I signed up for news updates, and all these updates are trying to get me to pass on links to my friends to generate hype! It's almost like a pyramid scheme. The first song has been available on iTunes and is also available for free on their website. Now, a second cut is available, but first, one million people need to attempt the download before any of them can hear it! This is pretty absurd.

Pearl Jam
With a new album coming out later this year, they are heading to Canada. For the first time ever, I've started wondering about Canadian geography.




Dave Matthews Band
They've got a new album coming out in May called "Stand Up," but the biggest news is that first cut is available on iTunes.

Addendum: 4/28/05, 12:21am
I have just discovered that the Foo Fighters, another band that I have been growing fond of, have a new album coming up at the end of May. Thus far, I have purchased all my Foo music digitally, so perhaps I will continue this trend with the new album.

No comments: