Sunday, April 17, 2005

Too Early To Tell?

I don't want to get too riled up about the Yankees getting swept by Baltimore this past weekend, nor do I want to worry too much about the 4-8 Yankee start to the season.

I would like to mention a comment that I heard made by Michael Kay, YES Network play-by-play man. He stated that the start by Kevin Brown was "better than his last start" against Baltimore, where he punched a wall and broke his non-pitching hand. In that game, Brown struck out 7 in six innings and gave up three runs. In yesterday's game, he struck out three in six innings, and gave up six earned runs, including a grand slam to Miguel Tejada. Was it better because Brown didn't break his wrist this time? Even for the most faithful Yankee fan, that's not an easy question to answer.

Steinbrenner blew his stack after the loss, and hopefully it gets the team playing better. At least, I hope they start getting things together in April. After all, I'm scheduled to go to four more games this month, and I'd like to see them win a few of them!

No comments: