Friday, July 01, 2005

Batman Begins

A pretty good movie, but for some reason, everything I have to say about it is negative. Am I just a negative person?

Another post from the archives.

An anecdote from the movie. With about a half-hour to go, a guy in front of me had his phone ring for the second time. He took the call and was speaking just loud enough for some of us to hear. The person sitting on my right (a stranger) tapped this man on shoulder, and the following occurred.

Man on Right (MoR): Could you do that outside?
Man on Phone (MoP): I'll be finished in a minute.
*MoR puts hands in air*
*MoP keeps talking for several minutes*
Me: Shut up.
*MoP swings around and points at the MoR*
MoP: YOU don't tell me to shut up! I'm taking this call!
Movie Crowd (MC): SHHHHHHH!
Man off to Side (MotS): You idiots be quiet! [something like this]
Man in Back (MiB): I'm a cop!
*MoP keeps talking on phone but eventually finishes*

Not one of my better moments. I didn't realize what I had done. I didn't want it to sound so mean, but I think I was fortunate that the MoR took the heat for my nasty comment. I was probably the smallest of the three guys (and perhaps, least wily). I had just been trying to pay attention to the movie, and this was the fastest way I could think of to ask him to stop talking without missing anything. I'm not usually one for confrontation but I think because the MoR was willing to ask him to stop, it emboldened me to take action (which, of course, totally backfired).

No comments: