Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I reserved the latest Harry Potter book at the NY Public Library. Just picked it up today. There were 800 reservable copies, and I was 200th on the queue. Of course, I reserved it back in January...

I have just begun to read it, and am pleased to find that it is shorter than the last book (there was a trend where each volume had been getting longer and longer). The biggest problem with these books? I know how it's going to end. They're all unsolveable mysteries. Making matters worse, since there's magic in the world, anything can happen. Anything! Oh, the ceiling turned into cotton candy? It's magic! Look, that man has six arms! Magic. Let's turn back time... You get the picture.

I also hope there isn't much about a Quidditch match. What a stupid game. Maybe it should be an Olympic sport.

1 comment:

Blogman said...

One more thing about Harry Potter. Why does he still wear glasses? Magic in his world can do about anything, why does he still need those frames?