Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Stop raining!

I was supposed to go to the Yankees game today.

The tickets were from a rainout versus the Angels. It turns out they played the whole game, but because of extensive delays we got free tickets to a future game. I picked this one.

Then yesterday, MLB and the Yankees announced that they would play a single admission doubleheader! Two games for the price of one! Super!

Except... As any junior meteorologist might know, Hurricane Frances was in Florida on Sunday. These storms move up the coast and take, maybe 3 days to get around the NY area? Perfect timing. Maybe it would have been wise to consult the weather forecast and put the games on Tuesday (when it was completely clear). Now it's pouring rain here, and likely I will miss a Yankees game AGAIN because of rain. To boot, I get to miss TWO games, despite the fact that I was only planning on going to one.

No comments: